A nursing student starting to think about your first job?
A newly licensed nurse about to begin a position at a hospital?
An experienced nurse getting ready to jump back into bedside care after some time away?
Getting ready to begin an acute care nursing position for the first time is pretty intimidating.
You desperately want to be a good nurse.
But, how do you go about doing that?
You've graduated from nursing school, so that's a great start...
But how can you prepare for that first day on the nursing unit so that you can get the most out of orientation, expedite your growth, and be ahead of the game?
Maybe you've read some books about becoming a nurse...
Checked out some nursing blogs...
Chatted with an experienced nurse or two...
Or listened to some podcasts...
But... it's not enough.
You need more than words on a page.
You need structure... a framework to prepare you to be successful in this complex role.
You need a plan.
You need a course of action.
The FreshRN® New Nurse Master Class
The FreshRN® New Nurse Master Class is an insider look into...
- What nursing leadership realistically expects from their newly licensed nurses
- Why nurses struggle with impostor syndrome and how to overcome it
- That moment when you feel like you want to quit, how to work through it, and become even more confident than ever before
- How to proactively prevent burnout and compassion fatigue
- Embodying a knowledgeable, confident and calm nurse - even when you don’t feel like one
- Navigating the preceptee-preceptor relationship, how to optimize it, and what to do if it’s not going well
- How to walk through emotional instability with patients and their loved ones like the comforting leader you’re expected to be
- How to provide proactive and mindful care to your patient, and progress them towards discharge in a meaningful way
- Cultivating healthy boundaries between yourself and your employer, patients, colleagues, and other healthcare team members
- What CMS, CAUTI, and CLABSI really mean and why you should care
- How to realistically deal with lateral violence as the new kid on the block
- What impresses physicians and what makes them cringe
- Avoiding the most common workplace injuries and how to prevent them throughout your career
- What it’s like to live as a nurse on your days off - how to sleep, eat, disconnect, and acclimate to this challenging yet amazing lifestyle
- How to confidently escalate care when your patient is circling the drain
- How to manage your time when everyone is doing just fine
- Discovering that sweet spot in between being passive and being aggressive - mastering the art of assertiveness
- How to give a phenomenal nursing report and sound like a pro
- How to recognize your progress and not dwell on deficits
- What you offer your nursing unit as a new grad, even if you don’t feel like you bring anything to the table
- Getting the most out of your orientation process so that when you’re on your own you’re not just surviving - you’re thriving
The FreshRN® New Nurse Master Class is the first ever self-guided nurse residency program for any nurse transitioning into the acute care world. With over 70 modules, this comprehensive course will support your transition to practice with a holistic approach that focuses on not only clinical preparedness, but also confidence building, self care, advocacy, and more.
Throughout over 9 hours of video content and 11 hours of audio, discover the insider information new nurses are desperate to learn in interviews with experienced nurses, a nurse administrator, provider, mental health professional, physical therapist, and more.
Each module has both text and audio options to accommodate different styles of learning. Upon completion, you will receive 20 continuing education credits and are able to print your own CE certificate.
Complete this comprehensive program at your own pace, or through one of the three completion tracks (1-month, 4-month, 12-month) and refer back throughout your career as you enjoy lifetime access with your purchase.
Limit the perpetual state of information-overload with this concise yet impactful course designed specifically with the newly licensed nurse in mind. Focus on the information that you need to know to become a safe and competent nurse as fast as possible.
Kati Kleber, MSN RN CCRN-K has been a nurse since 2010 with experience in both cardiothoracic and vascular med-surg as well as neurosurgical intensive care, and has maintained her national critical care certification since 2015. Kati is a published author with the American Nurses Association and been featured on many media outlets such as Reader's Digest, AARP, NPR, US World News and Report, the TODAY Show, and more. She is a national speaker on nursing-related topics, was awarded Nurse of the Year by the Charlotte Business Journal, and named one of the Great 100 Nurses of North Carolina, both in 2015. She is the nurse educator behind the FreshRN® platform, which consists of books, a blog, podcast, and courses to support new graduate nurses in their transition from school to bedside.
“I am a new grad starting in the cardiac ICU and I was very nervous to start my job, but I have been going through your new grad course and I already feel so much better. Thank you so much!!!” - Hannah RN, Cardiac ICU
“I’m barely a couple modules into this class but it’s like you wrote down all the thoughts going through my mind! I’m a new grad in the ICU and this class is already helping me so much with accepting that this is a process and I will get there!” - Megan BSN RN, ICU
“Exceeded expectations! Specific, realistic, non-generic strategies. Empowering!” - Jeannie, RN